You might me wondering: what is Camu Camu? Camu Camu is a fruit native from the Amazon rainforest that is considered a superfood based on its high nutrient content and powerful plant compounds. There are some studies that show that Camu Camu is one of the fruits with the highest Vitamin C content in the world! 60 times more than an orange! Here are some evidence-based 5 health benefits of Camu Camu.
- Boost immune system: it's high Vitamin C content helps strengthen the immune system by fighting free radicals in the body which helps reduce inflammation and provides protection against bacterial infection and viruses. 100 grams of Camu Camu provide 3537% of Vitamin C daily value (this is not a typo).
- Bone health: The Manganese content present in Camu Camu helps improve bone health by supporting bone mineral density. 100 grams of this fruit contains 106% of Manganese daily value!
- Liver health: The antioxidants and phytochemicals present in Camu Camu help prevent oxidative stress in the body by fighting free radicals. One study determined that one specific compound in Camu Camu called 1-methylmalate can aid liver health.
- Enhances mood: Vitamin C helps improve Serotonin production by playing a key role in tryptophan conversion that then converts into serotonin, our happy hormone. Serotonin stabilizes our mood, regulates sleep and supports digestion.
- Eye and Gums: there are other studies that concluded that Camu Camu may help with vision and gums health thanks to the presence of carotenoids and antioxidants.
Bonus points: Vitamin C is also key to collagen formation in the body #hellogoodhairdays
Camu Camu benefits are tremendous. It s also one of the ingredients present in our Immunity Super Powder that has 660% Vitamin C content of the daily value. Get your Nurana superfood powder today and start boosting your immune system!